Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Mind the Gap

Since my last posting I have been to Dublin, Prague, Aberdeen (and shire) and London. Now to dedicated readers of 'Waltzing Matilda around the World', never fear. I have plans and plots for a new improved blog after my arrival back in Oz to go back over, publish photos and tell the stories that I don't have time to tell right now. I am living the adventure and it has been , truly, the time of my life.

So as per that anonymous voiceover on the London Underground, please 'Mind the Gap', just know that I am safe and well for now.

I have arrived at a friends' house in the UK. On my bed they have put a copy of 'Paddington Abroad', which seems very appropriate, except that I am not a bear from Darkest Peru, although I do have difficulty reading maps and get rather tired of wearing trousers.

London was magical. Susanna and I went to a West-End production of Mary Poppins, I walked the stairs of St Paul's Cathedral and attended Evensong, I laughed through the Turner Prize Exhibition at the Tate Britain, twirled in a ballroom at the Victoria and Albert Museum and had nighttime walks on the Thames and through London that were the stuff of great literature.

1 comment:

Moira said...

I'm glad that you are well and happy! Aberdeen is beautiful, I look forward to going back there one day, but after I go visit places that I haven't been to yet! I have a Paddington Bear!! My Grandparents brought it back for me when I was little, I loved that bear... still do, actually! Praying for you!