Thursday, December 20, 2007

Desperately Seeking Santa- Frankfurt






Helloooooo folks !!! Yes, I may seem like I've dropped off the face of the earth. Well, if you believe the earth is FLAT, then you'd be right !

I am now in Prague, having a lovely time in the run-up until Christmas. Since my last posting, I've been to Frankfurt, Venice and Dublin.

My journey from Calgary started as a trip home. Well for the benefit of Vivien, my goddaughter, who turned a mighty 3 years old this week, my mission has changed.

I'm on the search for Santa around the world.

I went to New York and thought I was close. I saw quite a lot of Santas there, but none of them were the real one.

So it was time to go to Germany. The Germans celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve, it must be one of the first places he goes to. Besides, Europe is closer to the North Pole than other places.

So I went to Frankfurt. I had a Frankfurt sausage. It was excellent. I went to the Christmas markets in the old town. Here are photos of the gingerbread stand, which delighted me. In Germany it is a tradition to give gingerbread on Christmas to your loved ones. I had a gluwein (mulled wine).

But Santa wasn't there. So no time to waste, it was off to Italy. If the sleigh had broken down, maybe he traded it in for a boat in Venice.

No comments: